Awana: The Mozo Platform
Awana is a national, faith-based non-profit that originally brought Pathos Ethos in to help create a brand new software platform for a learning management system. While in the middle of the project, business needs changed, and our entire team was able to pivot to help them create a digital management tool for their constituents to use.
Here are some takeaways we’re proud to share:
- The entire project was built on an Angular frontend with a Java Spring application server and a Postgres SQL data model.
- We integrated into existing software platforms that had been operationalized in their organization for several years already.Primarily Salesforce for all their member data, Gigya for their single-sign on authentication, and a proprietary fulfillment platform for their product distribution.
- All of their development operations were set up and maintained by our team: AWS elastic beanstalk application server, Bamboo continuous integration, Redis data store, and a javadoc documentation layer.
- Having no previous software development experience, we were able to train not only their IT team to function as a working Scrum development team, we were also able to help train their Director of Curriculum and turn them into a true software product owner.
- Having trained their team, we worked in conjunction with them for an additional 6 months beyond the bounds of the original contract, concurrently working on product development until ultimately we were able to hand off product upkeep to their internal staff.